Thursday, August 25, 2011

The "300" look.

Here's the deal, I LOVE editing photos! I love to enhance the color to make them POP.

I finally bought a program called Adobe Lightroom.... I. Am. In. Love!!! I spend an over-exaggerated amount of time editing 1 picture and with the new program, I've spent an extremely over-exaggerated amount of time editing 1 picture! I can make the picture look like a Polaroid pic, I can lighten, darken, sharpen, saturate, clarify, luminate, and lots of other 'ens, 'fies, 'ates that you can add to a word!

Lightroom has "presets." I can't really tell you the meaning because I still haven't read the manual, but I can tell you what a preset does. It's like putting on sunglasses. It can change colors and shades. If you put on rose colored glasses, the world looks pinkish. These presets do the same thing. They just change the outlook of the picture.

These pictures were edited with a preset that changes almost everything to a brownish/black color. It does, however, keep any kind of red. It's called the "300" look. If you've ever seen the movie "300," which I haven't, but I've seen previews and pictures, then you will understand why my pictures have the "300" feel to them. It's a dramatic effect to a picture and I'm addicted to it!











No comments:

Post a Comment